We are currently looking for a forward-thinking and enthusiastic Senior Associate to join our growing team at Banksia Strategic Partners. If you or someone you know is interested and meets the criteria in the position description below – we would love to hear from you!
Overview of organisation
Banksia is a Melbourne based Strategic Communications firm that operates at the nexus of policy, politics, and public affairs. Everything we do has a positive social impact.
Overview of role
We are currently seeking a forward-thinking and enthusiastic Senior Associate to join our growing team.
The ideal person for the job will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and meticulous attention to detail. Given the changing nature of the media and communications landscape, we rely on our senior associates for flexibility and foresight.
You will have a hands-on role in the delivery of national advocacy campaigns as well as researching and writing key deliverables such as communications material, proposal letters, funding application grants, strategic plans, policy submissions, slideshow presentations and other documents for clients across a broad range of corporate, government and not-for-profit sectors.
As a Senior Associate, you will also demonstrate leadership in strategic thinking, managing associates, and leading our relationship with clients across corporate, government and not-for-profit sectors.
The successful applicant will be employed on a full-time basis and have an ability to work independently, show initiative and able to take direction in a friendly small team environment.
The role will be based at our Melbourne CBD office however we believe in flexible hours and working from home when needed. A competitive salary is available based on experience.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- A tertiary or TAFE degree in a relevant field.
- Passion for positive social impact and a can-do attitude.
- Campaign and advocacy experience.
- Familiarity with how Australia’s political system works and know how to influence public opinion.
- Experience designing and delivering successful strategic communication plans underpinned by clear goals, smart strategy, and the right tactics.
- Experience working directly with C-suite executives and Board members.
- Experience developing and executing complex stakeholder engagement plans.
- Experience working with journalists.
- Experience in crisis management.
- The ability to generate new business.
- Experience managing team members.
- Experience in leading and managing client accounts.
- Highly developed research capabilities and analytical skills.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work and meet multiple concurrent deadlines.
- Hands on experience working in the private sector, public affairs or communications in an agency environment, and an understanding of regulatory environments.
- Enjoy working with a diverse array of people, including those touched by disadvantage.
To apply for this position please submit a short cover letter and your CV to email@example.com.
To be considered for this role, you must have the right to live and work in Australia. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.