We are currently looking for a forward-thinking and enthusiastic Communications Specialist to join our growing team at Banksia Strategic Partners in either a part-time or full-time capacity. If you or someone you know is interested and meets the criteria in the position description below – we would love to hear from you!
Banksia is a leading Melbourne based strategic communications firm. We provide specialist communications advice at the intersection of policy, politics and public affairs to corporate, government and not-for-profit clients to help them achieve their strategic objectives.
Positive results-driven social impact is our mission. Put simply, we exist to make the future a better place. We are always seeking forward-thinking clients to partner with to make their vision a reality.
If we accept a client, it means we are truly aligned to their cause, and share their passion for it.
We are a small, tight-knit, high-performing and supportive team that values our staff.
About the Role
We are looking for a Communications Specialist to join our growing team at Banksia. Working in an agency style office in Melbourne, the role is responsible for the delivery of strategic communications, stakeholder engagement, advocacy, and campaign activities for key clients. A critical aspect of the role is designing and implementing integrated solutions by researching and writing key deliverables such as feature articles, proposal letters, funding application grants, strategic plans, policy submissions, digital communications and other materials across a broad range of corporate, government and not-for-profit sectors.
The role will see you:
- Spend part of your week in-house at a large and high-profile client supporting their communications activities
- Write highly engaging content that reflects Banksia’s mission, values, and voice
- Collaborate with the business development team to develop a variety of content marketing materials
- Produce error-free content that adheres to Banksia’s branding guidelines
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines and long-term initiatives
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to business and organisation leaders
- Complete other miscellaneous content and creative tasks as required.
We are looking for a high performing communication specialist who can demonstrate knowledge of the communications landscape across business, politics, media, and community settings in Australia.
The successful candidate will bring the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications or a related field
- Demonstrated success in managing a business’ content and presence
- Experience in producing copy for digital, print, broadcast and marketing platforms
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Exceptional skill with the nuances of writing and content development
- Capacity to be proactive, assertive and work well under pressure or within tight time frames
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish friendly and professional rapport with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience working with C-suite executives
- Ability to work with people from all backgrounds, including those touched by disadvantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Produce high quality, accurate documentation
- Experience writing in different styles and formats, including technical reports, blogs, pitch documents, press releases, etc
- Experience presenting, producing and planning audio content would be an advantage
- Exercise sound judgement and initiative in multi-tasking
- Manage sensitive/confidential information with integrity and maturity
- Contribute to a cohesive team environment by sharing information, supporting and assisting colleagues in a proactive manner to meet goals and deadlines
- A sound understanding of and interest in the government sector at the federal, state and local levels is desirable but not essential
- Confident, engaging, organised professional manner
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Positive can-do attitude
The role will be based at our Melbourne CBD office however we believe in flexible hours and working from home when needed. We also provide a number of initiatives to support the growth and development of our team members, including a professional development program.
If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you! Please submit a short CV and two examples of your written work to email@example.com. An immediate start is preferred where possible.
To be considered for this role, you must have the right to live and work in Australia. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.